Wednesday, October 23, 2013

O.P.I. Nail Polish Swatch: 'Every Month is Oktoberfest'

As I sit here typing this post, I reminisce of the wind whipping through my hair on a Fall day as the amber and yellow leaves fall swiftly from the trees.

Oh who am I kidding, I live in South Florida- where the temperature this time of year doesn't hit below 80 degrees.

As my attempt to entice Fall to come faster, I have a mystical color to share- O.P.I. 'Every Month is Oktoberfest.'

Photo taken using artificial light (left), and then with natural light (right).

This polish is one of 12 from the Germany Collection. Among the collection are colors ranging from a taupe called 'Berlin There Done That' and a burgandy shimmer called 'German-icure.' I really love nail polish names, as I am such a big pun person!

This shade combines a blackberry base with red underlying sparkle and a slight brown tinge. There is a blue ink that shows through in its first coat, but there's nothing a second coat can't fix. I consider this polish to be a two-coater as far as opacity. In the application process, I faced no problems with splotchiness or consistency. A very smooth lacquer!

The Daily Varnish nail polish blog had the same view I did- regretting not grabbing this nail polish sooner. When the collection was originally launched, in Fall 2012, this polish didn't jump out at me because it is so dark. But like as pictured, in the light, it takes on a whole new appearance. Any polish that has an underlying mystery to it, like this one has, I instantly fall in love.

To see a complete swatch list of each of the 12 nail polishes in this collection check out one of my favorite nail polish blogs- The PolishAholic. Her pictures are always so clear and showcase various angles and environments, like sun versus shade.

This video by Allura Beauty captures the essence and background information behind each shade, and how each applies as she takes a viewer step-by-step in applying and admiring the 12 shades.




I am so glad I purchased this nail polish, as I have been wanting a deep Fall color that sparkled, but wasn't too loud. The only way I can describe this nail polish is comparing it to a chocolate dipped sparkly strawberry. It's that beautiful.

Do you think you'll purchase this for your Fall collection? Pairing it with a black sweater, jeans and riding boots sounds like a chic but edgy matching outfit!

HAPPY FALL NAIL POLISH SHOPPING!

2 comments:

  1. This polish is awesome! I'm sooooooooo using this on my toe nails tonight! #omg #prettynails #menlovepolish

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your blog ! It's very conversational :)

    ReplyDelete